FINANCIAL AID RESOURCES
**Beginning with the 2019-2020 academic year, all General Academic Teaching Institutions (GATI's) in Texas must publicize and use January 15 as the state priority deadline for identifying eligible students to be given priority in receiving awards through the state financial aid programs. **
See FAQ's below
Look for changes in 2017-2018 FAFSA
The Smart Student Guide to Financial Aid
- Discover Student Loans Sweepstakes DUE December 31, 2019
- Sign up for e-mails to get helpful college tips and resources, and enter to win a scholarship! Throughout the year, 40 eligible students and parents will be randomly selected to win a $2,500 Discover Student Loans Scholarship Award to help cover college expenses.
- The Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans Scholarship DUE Oct. 25
- The Horatio Alger Association seeks to assist students who have demonstrated integrity, perseverance in overcoming adversity, strength of character, financial need, a good academic record, commitment to pursue a college education, and a desire to contribute to society. The scholarships given to deserving students each year range in award value from $6,000 to $25,000. For more information on how to apply and application criteria please follow the link above.
- Lead Roster B2B Sales and Marketing Scholarship DUE Dec. 20th
- The Lead Roster B2B Sales and Marketing Scholarship is a high competitive award for High school and college students interested in sales and marketing. The Lead Roster scholarship puts the tools for winning in your hands by judging your entry on your ability to market and sell your own ideas. For more information please visit the link provided.
- Publicity.ai SEO and Content Marketing Scholarship DUE Dec. 15
- The Publicity.ai SEO and Content marketing Scholarship is a high competitive award for high school and college students interested in SEO and content marketing. The Publicity.ai scholarship puts the tools for winning in your hands by judging your entry on your ability to appreciate and explain genius marketing. For more information please visit the link provided.
- Hispanic Heritage Foundation 2018 Youth Award DUE Oct. 15th
- The Hispanic Heritage Foundation's 2018 Youth Awards educational grants program is now accepting applications. They will award students who are in the graduating class of 2019 with up to $3,500 in educational grants for fund their higher education. For more information please follow the link provided.
- B. Davis Scholarship DUE May 24
- The creators of the "Student Award Search Aid" website are offering a $1,000 scholarship for 2019. You will be required to write an essay of less than 1,000 words on the topic "Describe three characteristics of leadership you value most." For more information please follow the link provided.
- South Plains Electric Cooperative Scholarships
- South Plains Electric is proud to make scholarships available including The Operation Round Up Scholarship, Golden Spread Electric Cooperative Directors Memorial Scholarship and Texas Rural Electric Women's Association Scholarship. For more information please see the link provided.
- Texas K-12 CTO Council Scholarship DUE Nov 2
- $1000 will be awarded to a high school senior in the state of Texas who plans to pursue higher education to further his/her skills in the education or technology profession. He/She must be attending a 2 or 4-year institution of higher education for the following school year. All funds are for fall 2019 semester. For more information please follow the link provided.
- The "Great Things Happening in Texas Public Schools" Scholarship DUE Nov. 16th
- The "Great Things Happening in Texas Public Schools" Scholarship is for graduating seniors who can use their voice and visual media to share how their public school education has/will impact their future. The goal of the scholarship is to highlight the "Great Things Happening in Texas Public Schools" from the students perspective. Two scholarships will be awarded, one going to a student joining the workforce, continuing education through a trade school or other forms of post secondary training and one going to a college bound graduate. For more information please see Ms. Soltero in the counseling center.
- Texas Far Bureau Scholarships DUE March 1
- The Texas Farm Bureau scholarships are now open. Texas Farm Bureau devotes a large amount of resources towards youth programs and scholarships. Annually they award over $200,000 in scholarships to meet different student needs. For more information on how to apply please follow the link provided.
- America's Farmers Grow Ag Leaders Scholarship DUE Feb. 6
- The America's Farmers Grow Ag Leaders program, sponsored by the Monsanto fund, a philanthropic arm or Bayer, is offering students an opportunity to earn a $1,500 scholarship in ag-related field of study, helping to grow the next generation of ag leaders. For more information please follow the link provided.
- Delta Theta Chi Sorority Scholarship DUE Feb. 1
- Delta Theta Chi Sorority, a national non-collegiate educational sorority, is accepting applications for two scholarships, in the amount of $2,400 each. Requirements call for the student to reside in the United States, have a high scholastic average, show evidence of financial need, and are currently enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited college. For more information on how to apply please follow the link provided.
- Mackenzie Masonic Lodge No. 1327 Scholarship DUE Feb. 22
- Mackenzie Masonic Lodge No. 1327 plans to award three $1,000 college scholarships to Lubbock area high school students for the fall of 2019. All high school seniors with a grade point average of 3.0 or better may apply. For more information please follow the link provided.
- The Fuels and Petrochemicals Division Academic High School Scholarship DUE March 31
- The Fuels and Petrochemicals Division of AICHE is pleased to sponsor tow $1,000 one-time awards to exemplary high school seniors who plan on studying engineering or science. F&PD is committed to introducing high school students to careers in Fuels and Petrochemicals through its programs, helping to fuel the industry's need for top talent in the future. For more information please follow the link above.
- 2019 Caprock Peace Officers' Association Scholarship DUE April 5
- The 2019 Caprock Peace Officers' Association Scholarship is now open. Their purpose is to provide members with access to the highest quality leadership development, training and Continuing Law Enforcement Education opportunities. The CPOA Scholarship fund will continue to award college scholarships to deserving applicants wishing to further their education. For more information, please follow the link provided.
- The Community Foundation of West Texas Scholarships
- The Community Foundation of West Texas offers a number of scholarships created through the generosity of individuals, families and businesses for which local area students can apply.
- The Don & Sybil Harrington Scholarship is for those going into the Math, Science, or Engineering fields. The award is for $5,000.00 a year for 4 years and is highly competitive.
- The Lubbock Manufacturing Scholarship is for those going into metal trades or industrial technologies.
- The George Scott Jr. award is for an African American student from a Lubbock County high school who will be attending Texas Tech. This is a onetime award for $1,000.00.
- Lubbock Art Association Scholarship is for those who plan on continuing their education in an arts related field.
- Association of Texas Leaders for Education Scholarship is for a Texas resident graduating senior who will be attending a Texas school to pursue a secondary education.
- Lubbock Master Gardeners Association Scholarship is available through their group and is for those studying horticulture, botany or a related field.
For more information please follow the link provided.
- B. J. Longshore Memorial Scholarship and I.O.O.F. Board Scholarships DUE May 31
- The Grand Lodge Executive Committee is please to announce that eight scholarships in the amount of $1,000 will be provided from the B. J. Longshore Memorial Fund for 2019. Also, the members of the W. & O. Homes Board of Trustees are happy to announce that ten $1,500 I.O.O.F. Board Scholarships are available this year. For more information please follow the link provided.
- Lubbock County Farm Bureau Scholarship DUE April 25
- Lubbock County Farm Bureau would like to announce its 2019 scholarship program. The purpose of this program is to extend educational opportunities for area youth and to promote Farm Bureau in the community. For more information please follow the link provided.
- The BigSun Athletics Scholarship DUE June 19
- The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. In order to do our part we are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible regardless of the sport they are engaged in or the capacity in which they participate. The student must be a high school senior or be attending a post secondary institute. For more information, please follow the link provided.
Lubbock-Cooper Local Scholarships
- The Cooper Pirate Athletic Booster Club, Inc. Scholarship DUE April 19
- In an effort to recognize the dedication and hard work necessary to provide a quality athletic program, the Cooper Pirate Athletic Booster Club, Inc. has established a scholarship program to honor those student athletes who contribute exceptional leadership, performance, and excellence to the Lubbock-Cooper High School Athletic Program. Follow the link above to be directed to the scholarship.
SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH ENGINES and COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP SITES
Scholarship Search Site
Scholarship information is based on the College Board's Annual Survey of Financial Aid Programs.
Search for Minority Scholarships
For students preparing for a career and/or future in music.
Pairs low income students with early admission and full four year scholarships to top ranked partner colleges.
Click on student resources once on the webpage
Sports and Sports Medicine Scholarships
- College Covered
- Scholarship Search tool where students can search 3 million scholarships worth more than $18 billion, and no registration is required.
- Social Media Scholarships
Follow @TFSscholarships on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. New scholarships are posted every day. Account is only used to posting scholarships.