2022 Pre-K Roundup
To qualify for Lubbock-Cooper's pre-k program, students must be 4 years old on or before September 1 of the school year in question.
Students must also meet one or more of the following eligibility guidelines (available in full at http://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Download/833?filename=EHBG(LEGAL).pdf):
- child is unable to speak/comprehend the English language;
- child is educationally disadvantaged;
- child is homeless (as defined by federal law);
- child has a parent who is an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States (including state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces);
- child has a parent who was injured or killed while serving as an active duty members of the armed forces of the United States (including state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces);
- child is or has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing under Family Code 262.201.
If you believe your child may qualify based on one or more of the criteria listed above, contact the campus you are zoned for, and they will guide you further. If you are unsure which campus zone you live in, see the Elementary Attendance Zone Map.